Pages

05 July 2005

short and sweet

Our internet is STILL down, so I my postings will have to suck for a bit while I hurriedly type and post in this cramped internet cafe. I promise to send interesting stuff very soon.
some pics:
Here is my first Khanga
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This proverb translates to "I am satisfied"
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Traditional African meal of spincah, ugali and meat with sauce
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this was living in my room!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Soon I will give ya'll some more!

5 comments:

gillian said...

bahahaha - what was that insect??? oh man, thats so awesome and scary at the same time...
that is a BIG bug...
cheers dal - i miss yah!

Unknown said...

I believe it is a cockroach...or a relative of one. Apparently you cant smush cockroaches here or their eggs will fly everywhere. Instead you have to spray it and trap it under a cup until it dies. horrible, I know. So far nothing has penetrated my trusty mosquito net though!

invitationinside said...

i really like the "khanga" its gorgeous...the bug..hilarious. it sounds like you are having an incredible time...its an eye opener/openner/oppener (frig i can't spell today...what is wrong with me) at least. (K)(L) hope everything is well...miss ya mel

b said...

the cockroach reminded me of life of pi. you should use it to catch fish, thats what I would have done. I hate those things though. Can you bring one back though...for a pet?

syl said...

oooof, that's a scary looking cockroach...i'm so bug-a-phobic. haha

i miss you daallllassss!!