Pages

03 December 2008

a musical debut

After one year of songwriting and practice, my band mate and I debuted our 12 song collection to an equal number of friends tonight.

My band mate and I are very different people. He is from a super Italian area and we joke that we speak different languages. In fact, we do actually speak different dialects of English and I often have to ask him to translate his slang for me.

Musically, however, our communication is crystal clear. I am really proud of the music we've been working on, and I'm very excited to share it with you all in a few months time.

After receiving feedback from our audience tonight, we're going to pick 5-6 songs to record starting in January. Before you know it, you may be getting a cd in your mailbox or zip file in your inbox from our band, Vignettes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I loved hearing your music in September and can't wait to hear your CD (put me on your email list!). Also - awesome band name!

Hooray!

monsieur dé said...

I also want on the list.