Pages

05 July 2011

webster falls engagement | lindsay + jeremy

Lindsay and Jeremy's engagement session was a very special one, for three reasons:

1. These two are the best! Although Lindsay and I went to the same high school, she was a bit older than me and I haven't seen her in many years, but upon meeting at the site of the photos, she was just as friendly as ever. Jeremy is a very easy-going person with a kind smile and a lot of love for his future wife. As we explored the area surrounding Webster Falls, Lindsay and Jeremy kept cracking me me up. Lindsay has a rollicking sense of humour, and her infectious laugh kept up the high energy of our early-morning session.

2. I had the opportunity to do this engagement session by way of Lindsay's sister, Shannon. Shannon is the dreamer and the doer behind the Barter Babes Project, an enormous and inspiring undertaking that sees Shannon bartering financial advice for goods and/or services from 300 women. I met with Shannon in December 2010 for my financial consultation and I can say wholeheartedly that it was the best thing I did for myself last year. She has a vast knowledge of all things financial, and a fantastic knack for breaking it down and making it make sense for the average person.

When I met with Shannon, she knew that Jeremy was planning to propose to Lindsay the following week, and she requested that I trade an engagement session in exchange for her expert advice. Shannon actually bartered for all of her Christmas gifts this year. I was thrilled to have this awesome opportunity, and was so excited for Lindsay and Jeremy!

3. This engagement session was also special because it was the first one one which I was joined by Brian. He came along as a second shooter and took a lot of amazing photos. After generally working alone, it was a real treat to have the support and the additional photos from a second person. It was extra cool to have that person be my new husband!

---

And now, onto the photos of the lovely couple. As I mentioned, we headed to Webster Falls, which are located in Dundas (just outside of Hamilton) Ontario. The morning light was soft and pretty, working perfectly with the mist from the falls.

Lindsay and Jeremy, thank you so much for getting up early on a Saturday to come hang out with me and Brian. We had a fantastic time with you guys, and wish you the very best of luck with the rest of your wedding planning. 


























No comments: