Pages

07 January 2006

it'll be a good one

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

A few days late, perhaps, but I'm sure everyone has been busy digesting the season.

I am as pleased as a peach, and though my writing has been sporadic, I assure you that my adventures and though processes have not. I've been very busy doing a lot of things I've neglected for far too long.

The best way to round yourself and bounce into a new year is to sink into a deep, shameless indulgence of food and liquor, laughter and laziness. After decadence, you are ready to return to the spartan life of a student. Or are you?

In the case of this year, I have taken the time to get to the things I've been dreaming of. Of course I still have a lot of songs in my head that have to get out, but that's what bandmates are for.

I've been wading in political rhetoric from many an ideological stream. All the platforms and promises are swirling around me, leaving me more and more uncertain as to how to cast my vote. I have a feeling this January 23rd will be tricky one for a lot of us.

Family Christmas was more like a hilarious and twisted sitcom than ever. For example, my cousin's dad (who's 40 and drives a Grand Am and recently spent time in India for "business") showed up wearing this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

and he was serious.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(these 3 pics by b. fauteux)

I got a chance to go to Burlington too. Despite the fact that my family and I lived out of a cabiney hotel room, my friends and many local bars opened their doors for me. It was great being home, especially because there must have been something in the air that night. For the first time in years, everyone showed up looking for a great time. Old arguments were mended, grievances dismissed, inhibitions shed and all was working it's way back to great. It's always great to go back to "home" friends and see what everyone's been doing. From hormone research with mice, to masters of childcare, changing careers, true artistry, and solid plans to become marriage counsellors, my friends are all on unique and wicked paths.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I myself have been talkin' bout some resolutions (sorry)...and no, not silly, unrealistic ones. I deal in practical goals like chocolate mastery and wine tasting.

Anyways, here are some new years images (Dan's apartment and The Velvet Undergroud in Toronto):
alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 comments:

b said...

take down that stupid window one

b said...

the one with me in the window, i mean. its like out of seinfeld, but cheesier.