Pages

03 March 2007

we dream beneath ceilings

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In my old basement room, I always tried to bring a little incandescent starshine in to brighten up the gloom. On lazy nights in, or in a post-bar haze, I would lie in bed and look up at the lights to relax.

I guess it was the closest thing to stretching out on the deck, or the top of the big hill at my cottage, wrapped up in sleeping bags during shooting star season, trying feebly to name constellations.

I miss the wide expanses of the countryside. But tonight's activities will tide over those longings for a while, hopefully. Tonight is Nuit Blanche (aka "The All-Nighter) across all of Montreal. All the spaces that are usually closed (especially during the wee hours of the morning) are open tonight. Art galleries, theatres, rooftop hotel pools. I can't wait. I am especially excited for the planetarium show on this eve of the lunar eclipse.

Details after tonight.

For last night's photos from the opening night party of Art Matters click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!!