Pages

19 April 2008

the path of happy

Recent events, such as exciting news for my domestic partner, have accelerated the speed at which my anxiety has been rising. Any news, no matter how exciting, that forces me closer to making BIG choices, is scary news. The voice in my head that has previously been whispering "you might have to make some choices soon," has raised to a shout: "decision time is imminent, biatch!"

In response to my doubts, my friend Karen says, "try to follow the path of happy."

As in, just keep putting one foot in front of the other, following things you love, and see where you end up.

Duly noted.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love your use of "domestic partner'. It is much more charming than "common-law spouse" or any of the other options one has. I just like to say that Adam and I are "living in sin", because my minister grandfather gets such a lovely amused look on his face when I put it that way.

Good luck with the decision making - whatever happens, all will work out in the end.