Pages

04 August 2009

recommended: sensé and bare escentuals

Photobucket
As I've said before, I am very picky when it comes to skincare, mostly because my skin is too.

I usually use La Roche-Posay products on my sensitive, dry skin, as they are very gentle and moisturizing. I have previously tried other systems such as Clinique and Proactiv. Those trials ended in flaky, irritable skin, and a distrust of any prescribed system. For the past 2 years, I've loyally stuck to my Lipikar Surgras and little else.

SENSÉ

As a true beauty product aficionado, however, I am always open to try new things. So when Carolyn suggested I try Sensé, the skincare line she sells, I was more than happy to do so.


What I liked most about the system was how clean and firm (but not stripped or tight) it left my skin feeling. My face felt truly refreshed, and had a nice glow going. Most importantly, it didn't irritate my skin, which so many products do. It also has a really pleasant smell, and blends easily onto the skin.

What also won me over is the fact that it's all-natural; its list of ingredients is so simple (and paraben-free) that all the products are actually edible.

Carolyn has been using the system for a while now, and she has noticed a huge difference in the appearance and health of her skin. Since I see her often, I can attest that it really has given her a glowing complexion.

BARE MINERALS

I've been using Bare Minerals products ever since reading Beauty Confidential by Nadine Haobsh 2 years ago. I love the foundation, as it blends amazingly well, is featherweight, and amazingly covers my red skin. I've tried all different kinds of foundations (most recently Almay Smart Shade, with disastrous results) and I can say without a doubt that Bare Minerals is my favourite to date.

For the photo above, to further perfect Carolyn's gorgeous skin, I applied Bare Minerals I.D. foundation in Golden Medium, and added all over Warmth, and finished with Mineral Veil.

WHERE TO GET THEM

You can buy Sensé products direct from Carolyn (carolyn[at]healthygirl.net) and have the products shipped to your door within 2 days.

Bare Escentuals products can be found at Sephora, and at a lot of drugstores that sell premium product lines.

2 comments:

debra@dustjacket said...

Oh thanks for such an interesting post, I'm always on the lookout for good healthy skincare ranges. I have not tried the i.d. but will do so now.

Thanks honey, what a lovely pic of your friend :)
xxx

Carolyn Fauteux said...

Great post Dallas! I had fun posing for you (as always) for this article. Hope to see you very soon!