Pages

05 April 2011

my bachelorette party


I'm writing this because I don't want to forget a single moment of my bachelorette weekend.

My best friend and maid of honour, Jennie, with the help of the rest of my wedding party and some of my friends, planned the most amazing, fun-filled weekend for me.

Because I love to plan parties and because I thrive on lists, spreadsheets, and all the other things that go along with project management, I tend to have a hard time giving up control. I would much rather do something myself rather than burden someone else with it. I tried to convince my Jennie to let me plan my own bachelorette party because I felt bad having her take on such a big task for my sake. She told me to shut up.

I am so glad I did.

She kept everything a secret until the last possible minute, planning a whirlwind weekend of activities for me. Every single detail was thought through, and everything she planned was so perfect for me it made me tear up constantly.

After a relaxing and wonderful Friday at my co-maid of honour's place, we headed over to my future parents-in-law's house so Brian's mom could help us with our beehives (having been a queen bee herself in the past). Using her old high school yearbook photos as inspiration, Jennie insisted on doing my hair for me. Every time I reached up to help, she swatted my hand away and told me to chill out. She did let me take this photo of the process, though.


And that turned into this:



Then we headed into the city to get ready for the evening's activities in our hotel room (which was also a surprise).



We assembled our outfits and headed to the cutest little Cuban restaurant for dinner.


Everyone had dressed for the "Sixties Chic" theme that Jennie had come up with!




We then headed to a Karaoke place, where Jennie had rented us a private room!


Here's me in all my tacky attire, looking like a crazy old lady!







There was a Pin the Nose on the Lion game, with my poor fiancé's face in the centre.





My full outfit, in all its glory


Last stop was a the upstairs of a great pub, where much hilarity was to ensue.



At the very end of the night.


But not before some of the girls tried to pick up — literally — a few men.


The next morning in our hotel room: a very bright beam of light!


And then a quiet breakfast before we all headed back to our separate cities.



Thank you, everyone, for the best night ever!

No comments: