Pages

27 June 2010

elke & mason

Photobucket How cute is this guy?


His mom is one of my favourite people. She and I met in high school on the swim team after she'd moved to my school from Cape Town (via Wisconsin). Elke and I used to float on the mats in my family's backyard pool and talk about which European countries we dreamed of visiting first.  Elke, a year older than me, went backpacking the summer after she graduated high school. All summer I waited impatiently for her to return so I could ask her about every city she'd been to.


She returned at the end of that summer, bronzed, and carrying a bag full of rolls of film to be developed. Remember how exciting that used to be, dropping off film after a vacation or big event? The moment you'd first peel open the envelopes and relive all those moments again. That was the best!


So, as I sat on her bedroom floor as she packed her final boxes for first year university,  I got to flip through all her photos and ask a million questions about what she'd seen. I always looked up to her for her sense of adventure, her totally zen attitude, and her tireless energy. Over the last few years, I've seen her find a great job, buy a first home, get married, and now, have a baby. Girlfriend's got her stuff together!

I am so happy for Elke and her husband, Matt for the birth of their first child,  Mason.  Elke's positive energy is infectious, and I'm sure her son's will be, too. I predict great things for their whole family.


 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


No comments: