Pages

06 September 2010

our engagment photos by my family

Photobucket
Having our engagement photos taken was such a wonderful moment that I know I will remember always. Not because I love posing for pictures but it was so memorable and comfortable to have the photos done by my entire family.

My mom — the master photographer with effortless, organic style who has taught me so much about photography and, you know, life —was the primary shooter. My brothers, Jon and Jeremy were second shooting, getting the side angles and the candid shots. All the while, my dad carting us to the various locations in his giant pick-up truck and patiently waiting while we did the photos. My dad is actually an excellent photographer too, but he was happy to play chauffeur that day.

For someone who detests posing for pictures or being the focus of attention, Brian was uncharacteristically cooperative. I actually think he enjoyed the experience.

My mom and Brian came up with the idea of using an antique car show as our setting, as our wedding has a late-50s theme. Luckily, there is a weekly car show right on the sands of Sauble Beach, Ontario, which is only a 20 minute drive from my parents' house. We got lucky with the beautiful, golden evening sun, but the humidity was intense, and my best laid plans for makeup and hair were quickly melted away.

None of these photos (except the black and white) have been touched by Lightroom or Photoshop. I wanted to do justice to the awesome, straight-out-of-camera work done by my mom and bros.

Okay folks, here's a whole lot of photos: 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

 Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
The next day was rainy and gray, but we decided to drive up the Peninsula the rugged shores of Georgian Bay by Emmett Lake. I was introduced to this location by my friend Lindsay, who has a cottage in the area as well. I love the giant slabs of rock that jut out into the turquoise water.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am so full of love for Brian and for my family. Things get so busy, so being home for a full week and having the glorious luxuries of time and beautiful weather was just perfect.

4 comments:

Emmett Macfarlane said...

Awesome shots. Cool couple. Fantastically-named lake.

Leslie said...

Love you two too! You are a truly beautiful couple inside and out. My favourite shoot ever!

Sam said...

Gorgeous photos, you both look so happy and what amazing settings! Congratulations, and enjoy prepping for the wedding festivities :)

Amanda DiPasquale said...

great photos! i love the three different scenes!